Aqua Shades is able to supply and/or fit any or all of the fixtures to support your shade sail, whether it be a full wire shade sail or web shade sail.
Aqua Shades Sails are custom made to fit every situation. Measurements are taken after the anchor points are installed and the sail is manufactured to those measurements. This is not possible if using an off the shelf purchased sail. There are basically two types of sails that are available.
High Tension – Full Wire Sail
Wire sails are the preferred choice of most customers. It is the strongest and most durable sail on the market. They have a perimeter pocket which holds a continuous stainless steel cable around the edge. This gives a far superior and even tension on every side of the sail than is achieved with web. They are attached and tensioned to the anchor points with stainless steel fittings. The sail tension is achieved by using turnbuckles.
For the budget conscious, web sails are a viable alternative. Web sails have a re-enforcement strip of web stitched around the sail perimeter instead of wire. They are generally attached and tensioned to the anchor points using rope. They are generally sufficient for smaller domestic applications
Various fabrics are available depending on the situation and design. The recommended fabric will be discussed during the quotation and design phase.
- Double stitched pockets and hems.
- Double reinforced corners with seatbelt webbing for additional strength.
- UV stabilised thread which increases the life span of the sail.
- Continuous stainless steel cable around the outside of the sails pocket.(wire sails).
- Stainless steel thimbles/clamps on all attachment points.
Fixtures and Fittings
The following is a basic list of fittings and fixtures that are used by Aqua Shades. Custom made brackets are also regularly manufactured to suit individual situations.
- SHS, or CHS Shade Sail Posts (Perth made) with in ground footings designed to engineering specifications. Allgal coated, capped and powder coated in the colour of your choice.
- Shade sail posts with fabricated base plates are manufactured for fixing onto concrete slabs.
- Shade sail posts can also be Hot Dip Galvanized as requested.
- Commercial grade concrete.
- Roof Mounts – designed for either corrugated steel roofs or clay tile roofs.
- Fascia mount brackets which are fixed to the rafter beams.
- Eyebolts and Brackets chemically anchored to brick or concrete walls.
- Eyebolts, Turnbuckles and D shackles.
- Stainless steel wire rope 7/19 braid.
- All fittings and stainless steel wire is 316 marine grade stainless steel.
Other Services Offered by Aqua Shades
- Realigning/Removing/Replacing Posts.
- Specialised Rigging.
- Removal, Repair and Installation of all major types of competitor sails and shade systems.
- Annual maintenance of shade sail installations.